The Knight of Illumination Awards (KOI and KOI-USA) are managed by The Fifth Estate Ltd. With the change in law under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of past, present and future nominators, nominees, sponsors, guests, supporters, judges, clients and press contacts.
The Fifth Estate Ltd is the Data Controller, for the purpose of compliance under the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communication (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Who are The Fifth Estate?
The Fifth Estate Ltd is a specialist PR, events and media company working within the niche ‘entertainment technology’ industry. We produce content and events for the industry which is of legitimate interest to consumers and customers.
We collect the following
- Job Title
- Contact information including postal address, email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode and preferences
- Financial details if required to process a payment
- Other information relevant to user and client requests
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to provide the following services:
- Internal record keeping.
- Distribution of press announcements and email notifications that serve the industries that we all work within.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services through market research.
Under the GDPR we use the legitimate interests as the basis for anyone receiving our press releases and newsletters. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an email marketing service provider which allows you to unsubscribe at any time. We never transfer your personal data to a third party.
Email marketing messages that we send may be tracked through clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track reader and customer activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the emails.
Our databases, servers and websites are protected with the latest security measures ensuring that your information is secure and prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Cookies are small files which are placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Cookies that are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
- Right to be forgotten
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Please contact us if you have
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
- Have any other queries relating to this policy